Monday, August 6, 2007

Testing Times

Life is always not a bed of roses, n even if it is, roses come with thorns. There are times, when we often wonder, why me? Nothing seems to go right at times, and to make matters worse, all the wrong things happen simultaneously. You have a deadline to meet in the office, your son falls sick and needs to be taken to the doctor, your maid calls it a day off for reasons best known to her and so on... Things get serious at the same time, and eeach and every circumstance demand your attention and intervention at the same time, with the same magnitude of seriousness.

The last two weeks had been pretty hectic for me. My mother was not well and had to be operated immediately. My daughter had her school examinataions which required my attention and intervention immediately, the project am in now required me more than ever and I had a tough time dividing my attention amongst these various aspects of my life. The only time I got for myself was when I was commuting to and fro various destinations (and the destinations were home-office-hospital), and if you are a resident of Kolkata or have any experience of driving in Kolkata traffic, then you would know that, I would be telling a lie if I say that I have enough time for myself and my thoughts while I am driving, because if at all it was a truth, I would not be alive to blog and let the world know of that! So practically, I had no time for myself for the last almost two weeks.

This obviously resulted in sulking and cribbing and led to depression (after all now I had valid reasons for them!) but at the same time, these two weeks taught me a lot of good things. Now when I look back at them, I realise that these two weeks made me more efficient, more patient, and helped me evolve as a better human being.

When I saw my mother walking with the help of the walker, taking one step at a time after the successful surgery, I was so happy!!! Now can relate to my mother's happiness when she had seen me take my first steps as a child! History surely repeats itself! Not only that, when back home I was helping my daughter do her studies even when my own thoughts were pretty disturbed with my mother's illness, I realised the balancing act every woman needs to do every time. We dont realise these petty things unless and until we go through life's small crises.

Now I know, the hard times in life are not only our testing times, but they are there to help us become better in every possible way. Its His way of teaching us and ensuring that we evolve as winners in the process. Like after every examinatin in our school days, we had a better time ahead, similarly after each testing time in life comes a happy enlightened phase, when you grow rich with knowledge and evolve as a better human being. All we need to do is keep our patience and trust Him, and do our responsibilities with utlost sincerity. And we shall emerge a winner, no matter what situation we are in.

2 comments:

HojO said...

satti katha....tough times and only tough times can teach us thr how to deal situations rather cribling under pressure.... am telling it frm my xperience ..:-o

keep blogging :-))

Shopno said...

Yer right. Each one of us have our experiences, which, when we share with others, help us understand difficult situations of life with much ease.