Sunday, August 23, 2009

Days in Vienna

Vienna is a lovely place - i dont think I need to update you on that. Many of you must have already been here, if not then heard about it. The weather at the moment is jus perfect. The roads are so wide, clean and peaceful. The shops on the roads are what dreams are made up of. The buildings so antique yet well maintained. All take together just the place to be.

Even then the last 2 days of my life have been not very good for me? You may ask why? You may tell me that many would like to trade places with you. Nice city to be in, staying in the best of hotels, having best of food and over the weekend no work pressure to add it on... why cant you just be happy???

I will tell you why. I am glad that I am in Vienna - a place I always wanted to visit. So thank you God. Its a tourists' paradise. And you can make that out once you are on road. All around me are families, couples of all age groups and groups of young friends. Every one has company here. And there I am, all alone surfing the roads aimlessly. Looking at a kids store and thinking how Millie would have enjoyed here. Looking at the roadside cafe' and almost visualising how HE would have loved to sit there with HIS beer. Seeing couples walking on road holding hands and feeling a pang somewhere deep within.

Vienna is a nice place to be - only if you could be with yuor loved ones. I wish I had them with me here. Strolling down the roads would have been so much fun holding the hands of my loved ones. Having ice cream would be so much fun if fighting for a bite with my daughter. Window shopping would have been so much fun if mother-daughter could share some fashion tips!

Am nnot jealous to see happy faces around me, just wish I could also be one of them.

...to be continued

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you would have got irritated with his burping after a few beers.

Anonymous said...

When I visited an American country for the first time I was a bachelor. I enjoyed that life a lot. But again felt equally frustrated seeing some wonderful couples. Later I went few times with my spouse. I also experienced a forced bachelor stage for one month. So I can feel you. But take it from me, all the stages have their own type of enjoyment. Just try to enjoy as much as you can. Persons who are close to your heart will always be close to you. These places may go far. So just enjoy.