Friday, March 25, 2011

Togetherness...

The two of us have been there all the way,
Sometimes together sometimes away.
Our smiles and laughter, our sorrows and pain
Would never be different ever again!

As kids we had different lives, strangers we were
Then gradually we became best friends forever
Our "forever" was short and we drifted apart
And got busy in separate lives looking for a new start

We both went through ups and downs, separated by fate
We both had fun, and enjoyed our "date"
May be deep down the heart, we missed each other
But were so busy in our lives, we just forgot to bother

Move on, we say, and move on, we do
I did move on, and so did you
But where exactly we moved, is what I wonder
When every moment I felt, that to you Ishould surrender

Did you feel similar? I think you would
I saw it in your eyes, something that you never could
Expression was never your strength, my friend
May be thats why our friendship did end?

We met like old friends meet in re-union
We looked into each others' eyes and just hit it on
Thats when I realized we were never apart
Thats when I figured, there was no new start

Ego did us apart, Love did re-unite
Youth showed greener pastures, Life showed the future bright
Let love rule now, and let the ego go
This time around, lets make the journey slow

Lots to be done, wounds to be healed
Hurts to be mended, Promises to be sealed
So hold the hands tight, and begin the journey with me
Together we were then, together we shall always be...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish u a happy Journey :)

Shopno said...

journey is always happy if we have a happy" mindset...