Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Me...

He always said, I was weak. He always said I could never take a stand.

I never believed all of that.

I took great decisions at work. Under pressure I solution like a man on fire. It just happened the other day, we had a resource utilization issue. My manager was perplexed, lines on his forehead, he was pouring over the figures. I saw the problem, I figured the end, and I had the mean. It's normal. It's so natural. It isn't even an effort.

I just "see" the solution.
No lengthy deliberations, just a clear clear mind.

But now, as far as life goes - I think he was right. I never did take a stand. I followed the straight and narrow. I followed the routine, the obvious. I wallowed in the perplexity. I savored irony. I celebrated inaction. Self deludingly believed the middle path to be the hgh ground.

In retrospect, the work days were never twelve hours plus, the clients' demands were never that worrisome. The next role change was never that critical.

I realize now, I was never a workaholic. I realize now, I was just a refugee. I realise now, I was just trying to "impress" others and thus deviating from "Me"

No comments: