Saturday, September 29, 2007

Congratulations!!!

Team India has done it at last!!! It was a treat watching the World Cup Final (So what if its a smaller version, T20 and all that, I still prefer to call it World Cup!) And what a match it was! After a long long time, we really saw the Indian team play the real game - true cricket and a true team work. Not one Sachin hitting a century and others going for a duck, but each and every member of the team contributing towards the success of the team, not in one or two matches, but consistently, be it against Pakistan, or Australia or any other team!!! Thanks guys! you have brought back the passion I once had for cricket, which was missing long time. I have started enjoying cricket once again...its for Dhoni and his team, I will not fight with my husband anymore for watching cricket and not letting me watch the stupid "reality" shows on T.V, shows which are not "real" at all! I would rather sit besides him and watch the Men in Blue in action!

A couple of discoveries I made during this World Cup, dont know whether everybody will agree to me on them. Would love to get comments on my discoveries though.

Its time for the young guys to rule, reminds me of the TOI camp... With due respect to seniors in our cricket team, guys your time is up. You have given us some great and rare moments of glory, which no Indian can ever forget, but its time for you to pass on the hurdle to the younger lot... You can try out commentry, am sick and tired of Harsha Bhogle. Sachin and commentry, well am not quite sure, but Sachin can definitely start cricket coaching and camps and help us build our Cricket Team for 2020? Rahul, with his cute looks (ah I jus love him for everything else other than his game) can stick to commercials, and even try out acting in Balaji Serials. And our Dada can become a coach, or do consulting for the captains of our team, because I truely believe he has been one of the greatest captain India has ever had. But whatever it is, not more playing on the field please!

Dhoni as a captain rocks! He is as cool on the field as his hair style. And his dare bare show reminded me of Dada again. History repeats itself... n thank God it does!

This World Cup saw the rise of the two sub continent teams... our next door neighbour, and the country we love to hate and hate to love, Pakistan and India. Just a wild thought... If India and Pakistan gets together someday ( and I jus hope it does, in my lifetime), we are going to be the super power of the world. Any game that this two countries play, be it hockey or cricket... we are going to be the world champs! Our deadly combination of the world class batsmen that India has, and superb bowlers that Pakistan has... ah its a Dream Team, which no Australia, or South Africa can ever defeat! Our respected political leaders of both the countries... r u guys listenning?

Shall end with an ode to the Men in Blue. Keep it up guys. You have made us proud and you can do it in the future as well. Looking forward to the series in Australia. Please dont disappoint us. You win or lose, play the game in the true spirit and play the way no one ever forgets... Chak De! India.

Cheers@

2 comments:

alok said...

I agree completely. MSD n this team has done INDIA proud. It was simply proved by the welcome they got...

Unknown said...

I an really thinking is this the same aditi....................

don't stop writing, keep it up, really i liked your expression..........
sandip kundu