Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Easy Love

She paints you a picture and you say wow!
You long to touch her heart and how!!
Oh I know how!!!

You talk of her and I listen resigned
How each time,
You walk those holy stairs
To bow your head at her shrine.
And there are always a few more to climb
A few more steps to climb.

The path is long and unending,
Yet you hear her laughter sublime.
Distant as in stormy seas, the elusive beacon,
And hopeful, you prod on.
On and on.

She’s an enigma, she dances like a dream,
Her face is an angel, eyes lit with crazy gleam.
She’s the woman you want, the woman you cannot get.
And yet,
She is the woman for you, you bet!

So I sit lonely by my stairs,
And draw circles in dirt.
With a broken twig
Eyes cast down to hide my hurt.

This is all I can draw,
I cannot sing or rhyme.
But look into this true heart of mine.
I have wood for feet, I cannot dance
But won’t you give me a single chance?

But you know I love you
And I love you free.
You know I am easy.
And no one loves an easy lover.
Is that why you don't love me?

No comments: