Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Strangers

Tell me dearest,
If we were strangers all over again
Could we go back to the beginning,
Forget the pain?

To that time, when you looked at me
And I pretended I did not care.
Did you know how long I stared at the road
Once you were gone from there?

Or to that time when you stood hours
for a glimpse
Knowing that the wait
was only deliberate.

To that time when I wet your chest,
With the storm in my heart
And thanked heavens
For your warm shoulders.
My only anchor and relief.

Could we walk slowly this time?
And avoid the dark potholes
On this rugged road?
Check our basic urges
and curb the bitter words we once uttered
Could we really save us from ourselves?

May be it is worth a try and how!
Because could we be any more strangers
than what we are now?

No comments: