Wednesday, January 6, 2010

3 idiots - Review

Well, where do I begin from? The common stand is that when you review anything, you just rip it off! But then since this movie is all about breaking the common rules, what better way to implement the same than writing a review and going ga ga over the movie!
Honestly, there is not a thing about this movie that I "didnt" like. Before starting this post, I googled and read a lot many reviews of this movie. Most of the reviews were positive, though like experts, and still afraid of breaking the common path may be, each of those reviewers wrote negative stuffs as well...
Some said every time they saw Pia (Kareena) they wished they could see more of the 3 idiots together on screen than this 4th one! Well, I thought I would also write this,and why not...I dont like Kareena at all! But couldnot make myself hate Pia, no matter how much I hate Kareena. I loved here presence in the movie just as much as her elder sister (played by Mona).
Some "Chatur" and "Virus" sometimes over did their part. Well, thought would write about this...but then again couldnot... Chatur Ramalingam reminded me of atleast 3-4 such real life characters in my own life, right from the school till the University days. How can I not believe in that character, when I know atleast 3-4 Chaturs in my own life? And forget school, college or university, you get "Chatur"s in every age of your life...
Virus... well Boman Irani is a sweetheart... even if he "overdid" I can never criticise him...but then how do I say he overdid? He reminded me of atleast 1 prof from College days and 1 from the University... and at times I see many "VIRUSes" around me.
Some even said Aamir at 44, didnt look like 22...to which I say...Just shut up!
Amitabh, at 66, if decides to do a 13, and gets away with it with all the truckload of make-up then Amir did a better job without make-up...only with his body language... Rancho is the cutest 22 year old student I have ever seen!!! My husband did try to make a point by saying that he has done plastic surgery and blah blah, to which I said...Just shut up!

So, a very few negatives that I got reading those reviews...I couldnt just accept them. So, following Rancho, I am defying the norm and standing apart...a review of a movie...where I just didnt find anythingnegative to comment upon. So what if they showed 2000 AD but showed use of mobile phones in college campus that too the small and sleek ones, not the huge Motorola sets, if at all...it doesnt matter. It also doesnot matter if they show webcam delivery! That was informative...(yes, my 10 year old daughter proudly told me that now she knows what "normal delivery" is!). Am ready to overlook all these and much more to get 3 hours of absolute bliss! Am ready to accept every overdose of acting, if at all... for priceless on-screen moments like the suicide of Joy Lobo, or the suicide attempt of Raju, or the love and the bonding between the 3 idiots!
I am ready to accept the histronics of Chatur any number of time, for that famous speech of his on the teacher's day! I am ready to tolerate VIRUS for his 7.5 mins power nap. I am more that willing to sit through all the negatives mentioned above and more for a dailouge like "you are sad when your best friend flunks, but you are the saddest when he...tops!!!"....3 hours of LOL moments with enough touch of sensitivity, emotion, and socially relevant message...All in all...3 idots rocks!!!
My respect for Raju Hirani increased manifold... hope to see many more of his offerings...
A must must must watch for everybody...irrespective of caste, n creed. Aamir Khan lovers, Aamir Khan haters, Chetan Bhagat fans, please line up...buy tickets and watch this movie... it would be even more fun, if you go and watch this movie with your buddies.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ould watch with college buddies? i will get round to see it sometime too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well it is evident from your posting that you liked the movie very much. Infact I did not come across anybody who did not like this. Critics have to say some negatives that is why probably some reviews did point out some negatives. I have not looked atany of the reviews.I did not need it as I saw it on the very first day (I guess 25th December) and I liked it. The reason I am making this comment is.. 'Shopno' I missed you in this posting. You may like a movie very much but do not loose your 'self'. That is your and your Hijibiji's identity. We come here to see your articulation.