Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Absolute Pampering!

I actually have to blog about how I lost my mobile at the Bangalore Airport. But that can wait as I found a better topic to blog about. This time in Bangalore am staying at ITC Windsor, an absolute delight and am enjoying every moment of it (even though they believe in "apeing the west" when it comes to their bathrooms). The entire ambience is so wonderful that I am ready to compromise on the bathroom part without cribbing. I am bowled over by ITC yet again, this time even more, as I am staying here alone and they have given me a room in an all-women-floor with the room being epitome of a woman's paradise. Each and every need of a woman has been delicately taken care of. And I felt wonderful entering the room. This goes without saying that the general amenities or the common luxuries remain much the same. Am not getting into the details of their lobby, or reception area or the main dinning place. But what am really impressed about is the minute details they have taken care of in this room specially for women. Like the floor has a check point in the entrance which means no body apart from the guests occupying the rooms can enter the floor as you have to swipe in your card there. Not that I am threatened to stay in hotels but I might add here, I felt safe and secure and special as well. Then the room has a screen which tells you who has knocked on your door everytime you have a visitor (not that you have much). Mostly female attandants come to serve you, but if at all a male attendant comes (for eg the porter), he is always accompanied by a female staff. These are small things, it doesnt matter if you dont get these services, but it matters a lot if you do, you feel very special indeed.

Apart from these, the room is full of these small necessities that a woman would have, and things that only a woman can appreciate and yes, am all praise for ITC. Their marketting strategy is going quite well with me atleast, and I plan to visit them again and again.

Ah, did I mention that they have these amazing soothing oils that puts you off to sleep instantaneously? Not that I need them to sleep anyways, but I must admit I had a different experience of sleeping here.

Now the most important thing...the food! They have an amazing spread of breakfast and I indluged myself completely without worrying about my health or weight. Today I had Upma and the moment I opened the lid of the container I gould smell pure ghee in abundance! I had veg cutlet which was so so. I had chicken dumplings and am still craving for them and eagerly waiting for tomorrow morning. The french toast was soft and just perfect. The juice was fresh and whats more they also served sweet lassi which I just couldnt resist. I was very tempted to order for an omlette from the live counter but thought of pending the idea for 24 hours. I must have added 2 kgs already but they are well deserved.

So what am trying to say here is, I am loving every moment of my stay in ITC Windsor, wish my daughter was here with me.

No comments: