Friday, July 2, 2010

My Computer

Anybody who has been unfortunate enough to hear me crib about my laptop in the last 2 weeks would actually relate to this post more. And for others, well my laptop tortured me like hell in the last 2 weeks and am still facing the music. So based on the experience of the last 2 weeks, I have realized that our computers (more if its company provided) are like orphanages and any and every unneeded software, unloved programs, and useless upgrades get adopted by our companies! Just imagine my trauma when all these step-children made my life hell. One upgrade which didnt go the way it was supposed to be...resulted in absolute crisis in my otherwise peaceful life in office. Thank God despite all the raw deals I faced, I could still log into facebook, and or twitter so my social life was not at stake...but even then, almost daily I lost 3-4 hours of productivity that I could have otherwise used producing productive blog posts! I always thought cooking in FB cafe or farming on FB is a waste of time but now I would love to trade off my time I spent running after the most "sought after" IT guys with even real time cooking or farming!

There was this problem...they said format your laptop and that will solve the problem...but I was wrong in believing them, as my problems just started after the formatting was successfully done! and now they say they have to change the "mother board"...well hmm...and now all I am doing is re-installing, re-upgrading and re-formatting all those unneeded softwares, unloved programs, and useless upgrades that caused the problems in the first place!!!

No comments: