Monday, May 5, 2008

Love me

I have been waiting for you.
Almost for a year or two.
Sitting patiently at your door.
On this cold dust swept floor.

Oh please, let me in your empty room,
and sweep away the dark and gloom,
Draw the curtains and fill with light
Where there is an eternal night.

Let me hang my poems by your window
Light your evening lamps, your conch shell blow
Complete your night and day
With magical songs and simple play.

But you go up and down these steps, a daily chore,
You often pass me by, yet ignore
And raise a scornful brow
You pretend, me you do not know.

A small opening is all I need
I have no ego, to you I plead
Throw me a small crumb, attention some
Make me feel wanted, a bit welcome.

Once in a while you sit by me, and try
When I tell you my sad tale wry.
You laugh at me and say - be realistic, life is not a play!
Don't waste your time here, just go away

But I still hope, and I stay.
Let me bind you I pray,
my poor ignorant bird, with my ethereal rhythm
You who want to fly away from freedom.

No comments: