Thursday, June 26, 2008

These are a few of my favorite books

Category1 : ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE

World Atlas: When I was 9, my geography teacher hit me with a hard-bound world atlas so hard that till now I am afraid of Geography in general and Atlas in particular. I am sure her action resulted from the fact that she couldnot understand my heightened knowledge on the subject. But whatever it is, that day and today, I have always run away from Geography, and the in between years have some wonderful memories of record breaking marks in Geography exams for me.

On a serious note :
The Secret by Rhonda Bryne: After reading this book, I started looking at situations more positively than before.

Category2: ONE BOOK THAT YOU HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE

The manual for my Microwave oven: I read it more than 50 times and still I cant figure out how to set the time on it!

On a serious note:
If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon: This is my all time favorite novel and I have read it more than 50 time literally. I kind of associate myself with the main character of the book, Tracy Whitney!

Category3: ONE BOOK THAT YOU WOULD WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND

Survive on a Desert Island: Ofcourse :-) what else did you think?

On a serious note: The same as above, for God's sake be serious at times!

Category4: ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH

Playboy Magazine (I had the privilege of going through one of the edition in my entire life): Not only do you find pseudo-intellectual interviews of women with enough silicone in them to be qualified by FAA as a flotation device but you also find ironic quizzes such as “Are you completely truthful in your relationship” knowing every bit that half the demographic that reads Playboy never admits to reading it even!

On a serious note:
The Code of Woosters by P.G.Woodhouse: It not only made me laugh uncontrollably until tears trickled down my cheeks but also amused people around me immensely because I was reading the book during one of the very effective "soft skill" training I attended in my office.

Category5: ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY

My Bank Pass Book, everytime I come back from shopping.

On a serious note: The same, what else?

Category6: ONE BOOK YOU WISH YOU HAD WRITTEN

The Constitution of India: I would have made it unconstitutional for anybody of Manmohan Singh's guts to be the Prime Minister and P Chidamburam's IQ ito be the Finance Minister!

On a serious note:

I wish I could write like Charles Dickens and Paulo Coelho.

Category7: ONE BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN

KAMA SUTRA: Because of that incoherent book, now every time I meet a dimwit who goes, “Ohhh India, the land of Kama Sutra” I have to explain that Kama Sutra is a piece of junk with laughable content. India produced much better things than that. 90% of Indians never read Kama Sutra. The only interesting things in the book are the photographs of the white people doing it circus-style.

Category8: ONE BOOK YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING

Chilren's Story Books: What else would any parent of a young kid read everyday?

On a serious note: Same Soul, Many Bodies by Dr. Brial L Wiess. A must read for anyone remotely interested in reincarnation and spiritualism.

No comments: