Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Awakenning of a Soul

Life, they say, is a school where we come to learn and grow. Over the last couple of years am readig quite a few interesting sutffs that suggest that we are immortal. We keep coming on this earth again and again to learn...learn form our mistakes and experiences in this world and grow richer and richer till we reach a stage where we can easily cross the karmic cycle. And then we reach a higher plane.

Hmmm, interesting thought...whether to believe or not to believe in this can be an interesting subject of debate and discussion. But that concept is interesting no doubt. I have live before and i will live after... Aditi Mitra, nee Sinha will die one day but I will be born again! Just as prior to Aditi Sinha, I have lived as X, or Y, or Z.

Aditi Sinha has a set of likes and dislikes. Aditi Sinha has her own set of opinions. But what if I had been something before that I hate now? Say, for eg, am a staunch Hindu and I hate Muslims... but what if I was a Muslim in my last birth? May be I hated Hindus then? Suppose a white today who follows racial discrimination will be bork as a dark skinned person in his next life... Interesting, isnt it? This concept lets us see a bigger picture...a picture much bigger than our narrow likes and dislikes. I am born and brought up in a particular way and so have my opinions formed - they are opinions of Aditi Sinha...not the soul in me - the soul in me loves all and hates none. Because it is very rich in experience which I am not even aware of. My ego doesnt affect it...it is above all this. It loves all... it has no hatred, no jealousy, no negative feelings at all - its knows these things are immortal. What is mortal and stay forever is Love...and only Love... by love you can conquer all...and by love you can reach Him...He, the superpower - I call him super dude at times, knows and teaches only Love...

All our souls follow similar knowledge pattern though the depth varies. I think of it as a structured syllabus. If you are in Std IV you have a certain depth of knowledge. Once you rise up the ladder your knowledge base increases. Our souls are at different stages of those knowledge base... now this knowledge has nothing to do with the earthly knowledge we acquire - I think this is more about Love, Compassion and all the good things we read about in books... any person close to God can never differentiate between a Muslim and a Hindu, a Maharastrian and a Punjabi, an European and an American. Yes, as an Indian we should love India, but that doesnot mean we should hate or dislike any other country. These boundaries are man-made...when we are born, we are born as a child of the God...in the process we become a child of a Hindu or a Muslim or a Christian God... In Vienna, I saw a crow, and thought how different it is from a crow in India? I could see no difference there - but an European is definitely "different" from an Indian... intelligence of Human beings have many adversities...no wonder, we say, ignorance is bliss.

I know i jump from one topic to another, but hey! thats ok...am not writing an essay here! Its what my heart feels and like me my heart also does not follow rules. So coming back to the original concept - that our soul is the same whether we are born as a Hindu or a Muslim, as a rich or a poor...we have lied it all over the years, and experienced it all... then why as Aditi I have a preference over A to B...I may have been both A and B and may have experienced both? If only we realize this...if only I can realize that if I dont like A because he irritates me, its just a personal opinion of Aditi...the bigger picture is that "I" am much more than Aditi and "I" should realize that A is just a fellow being of mine...he is also learing and growing just the same way as I am... This makes it so easy to overcome anger, hatred, jealousy and all such negativites! yahhhhooo! my soul is indeed awakenning.

So all my dear and "not so dear" fellow students who am not so very fond of... please forgive me for all the harsh words I might have told you and for all the things i might have done to hurt you. That was Aditi you see, she hates you for you have done x,y,z to her and she didnt like it. She is jealous of you for you have a,b,c and she doesnt... but thats her...I realize that i have nothing against you. So what if you have tried to harm me or hurt me...I forgive you. So what if you have cheated on me and taken me for a ride, I forgive you. So what if you have done all the things that you shouldnt have done to me, I forgive you. For, you are also learning in this process as much as I am. And when you have hurmed me and hurt me you didnt meet your soul til then...so I pray, and wish that you meet your soul soon...so that you also realize hurting me is not the "real" purpose of your life...you have a much bigger cause to overcome, so all the best buddy...

Ah! am feeling nice now...positivity helps you see...so as I bid good night to myslef, I wish all those for whom I had negative feelings in me, and very happy life with full of learning experiences... Sweet Dreams!

P.S : My soul needs to sleep and take rest as well, so tomorrow I may come back to hating you from the core of my heart for trying to mess up with me, atleast till the time my soul awakens again. Till then, enjoy my wishes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But if you are not Aditi, then you cant be harmed or hurt, isnt it?

Shopno said...

Thats where the problem is - that I am not Aditi is a realization tht doesnot stay all the time... it stays for a limited period...I personally believe, at this stage of my growth, that Aditi is not everything, but definitely she is not "nothing" as well... she too is an individual, a part of the larger self, but has her individual identity as well...Aditi has only one life, and she deserves her share of happiness...