Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hypocricy!

I am a hypocrit! Yes I am. otherwise how do you explain my blog on this topic? The fact that am writing about it so late proves that i am a hypocrite...

Or may be am not. May be I was just trying to run away from the idea of facing it. When I was a kid, i used to play a very stupid game. I would close one eye and with my hand up i would blot the sun...n I used to think that I could cover up the sun with my hands! This i think, has remained with me. Things I dont want to face, I cover them by actually deciding not to think about them at all - but they exist dont they? I just choose to ignore...

I hate shallow people, people without depth, meaning and purpose in life. I feel their heart is nothing more than a pumping machine and they prefer it that way. Their superficiality amazes me...stupid cliched' talks, unimaginative and predictable approach towards life... they are like these species whose only aim in this life is to exist...not live, but exist...these are the people without feelings and humanity, without love and care.

But they know all about "putting up a show". Thats precisely why you will see them show a completely different picture of themselves to the whole world, which is why it is very difficult to recognise them in the first place. Like they may be having a 101 affairs outside their marriage, but behave so abnomally perfectly with thier spouse that probably that poor soul will never be able to even make out whats going on behind his/her back! Like they may be having a world war scene at home every day, but while out in their "society" they would behave like this perfect "couple" you would wish to be like!

They are everywhere around us - fake people...in your office, in your neighbourhood, everywhere, whether you know them or not, they exist. They exist in every form and shape. Now they are not at all the stereotype villains! Oh no they are not...they are the so called good examples of our society... successful, polish, well mannered and to top it all well-educated. The degrees that they are porud of, the achievements they can boast of --- and underneath all those socially admirable layers?... a shallow person!

He can be your boss whom there are so many people admiring or looking upto. He is successful no doubt, he is efficient no doubt...but he may be faking his emotions or cheating on his wife - you wouldnt just get the slightest hint of it. He can be your husband whom you just adore...think he loves you so much as he never forgets to get you flowers on your birthday and never does anything wrong to offend you. But you will prbably never get to know that all those flowers were brought to you to divert your attention from something that he doesnt want you to know.

Just remembered a story which you all know - we have heard it so many times when we were kids and tld this to all kids we ever interacted with who kept on demanding stories from us--- it goes on like this -

A king once met a monkey who wanted to be the king's body guard. The king agreed and gave him a sword. One day when the king was sleeping and the monkey was sitting besides him protecting him, he saw a bee on the king's nose. The monkey put the sword right though, and cut off the king's nose...and there was the king without a nose.

The moral of the story is --- a monkey will always remain a monkey, a betrayer will always reamin a betrayer. A monkey cannot be a savior with a sword and a betrayer cannot be your "well-wisher" with your love.

Its on us to realize this and not expect a monkey to protect us or a betrayer to love us, right?...So we all are hypocrites...we know this story, we know the lesson, but we block ourselves from the truth...just as a kid I would block the sun by closing eyes... so then who is a hypocrite? I... I am the biggest ever hypocrite who thinks a monkey can be a savior, only if you give him 1 last chance...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody has given me the mandate that whenever I like your writings, I have to post something. But still I feel that my writing will give you a feeling that there are some readers, and for them you will be encouraged to write. Though I know that you write to express yourself; not for us. Actually I can't comment on this topic, and it is true that everyone is Hypocrit. Actually our surrounding system demands a degree of hypocrisy; whether we like it or not. There are two categories, less hypocrite and more hypocrite. More hypocrites are those who claim they are not. And to conclude your expression is unique as always. There is one colleague of mine who shaves his hairs and always is with a clean head. Somebody once asked him what you need to maintain this. He simply said 'courage'. The same word goes for your this posting. And believe me; I am not a hypocrite when I say this.

Shopno said...

I dont know what to say...you truely inspire me and I feel privileged that you take your time out to read my blogs... yes blogs are expression of one's own feelings, but then we might as well write a diary and keep it to ourselves - i would be a hypocrit :-) if I say i only write for myself...I write because i want the owrld to know what i think...this particular post is for all who does hypocricy beyond limits... wish atleast someone changes reading this... it hurts to hv hypocrits around you in form of friends, spouse, colleague etc, more so when you trust them

Anonymous said...

Sorry about this, but isnt it hypocrite? Apart from this meaningless sentence, i would say that this is quite an interesting post ... that all have two parts to themselves which are shown partially. Heard the song ... ek chehre pe kai chehre laga lete hain log.

Apart from that, though, i wonder why your examples come from the realm of romance? Equally a hypocrite is someone who, while being good at home, is not quite so outside. But thats called achiever, go-getter.