Friday, September 11, 2009

What a day it was!!!

Some days openly throw a challenge on you at times! When nothing goes right in your day from the time you brush your teeth till the time you put on your night robe and off to sleep - sometimes it continues even in your dreams! yesterday was one such day for me! Absolute craziness. I woke up and after sometime saw the network connection not working. With pressure mounting at workplace, like a dedicated soldier of my organization was trying to wr=ork from the hotel as early as 6 in the morning, but no! the network didnt just let me! A victim of technology, got ready early, grabbed a breakfast and ran to the office to resume work. it took me atleast 25 mins to find a meeting room to sit (about this will blog some other time) and other 13 minutes to get connected to network! Network problem yet again... in the heart of Vienna, in the office of THE IBM!!! i just couldnot get a wifi connection to start working! - Such was the beginning of the day.

THe middle of the day was worse...there was escalations to be taken care of, further escalations of escalation to be made, cardds to be played well... in short a crazy circus was going on where i felt trapped like the pigeons they have in the cage! waiting for my turn to put up my act...

Just to make matters worse, we started encountering defects which we never thought existed. We are testing a project which is to go live in November...we are trying to close some interfaces by 18th beyond which partners are not available and to extend their availability we have to pay them $20K per week! And it seemed some horrible force was making it its business that we pay that money as nothing seemed to go right... in short, we were getting screwed and i was getting more and more stressed up. By evening 5pm, I lost my cool and realized I just could take this no further!

And as if God heard me say that, he sent an angel... over the next 2-3 hours things started falling into the right places...atleast miraculously solutions were getting provided by some unknown force through someone or the other. First was my project manager, Kathy...now she is one woman I started respecting immensely...she came up to my rescue - arranged help, and what i liked the most is that she was continuously with me, guiding me as if I was her only concern that moment, and she had nothing else to do! God bless her. Yes, i slogged, i missed a party at 7 with all my colleagues that was pre-planned, I was tired, exhausted, hungry and everything you can imagine. But when I left office at half past 8, I felt an immense satisfaction... i felt protected, I felt secured, i felt pampered as well! I realized He up there really cares for me. As if it was His business to see my problems are resolved - and not through a miracle - but through my sheer determination and hardwork. I know He did it, but He made it look like I have done it! He made it look so special for me, so satisfying for me. he gave me a problem, psyched me up about it, then silently provided me with a handy solution and helping me through people like Kathey and kerry and made me a heroine in the eyes of others and my own self! He organized the whole show, and proudly watched me from above, giving me cues and ensuring that i successfully play my role and emerge a winner!

After coming back to hotel, relaxing for a moment when I opened my inbox - I saw solutions to the still remaining problem in there! can you believe it! And it was not readymade solutions mind you, that would not have given me half the satisfaction I am having now - it was cues - cues that i had to take forward to, and i did! I solved the remaining problms and at around 11pm, when I swtiched of my comp after a gruelling 15 hrs work! I felt a sense of satisfaction which I could never have felt if I had a very good day without any challenge.

Thank You God, for giving me this opportunity to feel special in my eyes and others. Every appreciation mail that was pouring in...reminded me of you. Thank you for showing the humane side in a cut throat competitive corporate world. Thank you for Kathie. And thank you for restrengthening by belief that You never give anything that we cannot handle! And you ensure that we handle days like these well!

Today as i write this, I am all charged up to face another day at office and anxious to see the results of my hard work last night... Thank You once again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the beauty of the way He works ... as they say ...

Kaam tera, naam mera ...

And yet, the work of God brings definite Peace to the Soul, a Peace which is much more enduring than any on this world.

Shopno said...

Absolutely! And I liked the way the whole thing got solved with my intervention and hard work - as if I did it all - but I coudnt have done without Kathy's support...n that was arranged only by Him...or that things just fell into place was ensured only by Him - yet it seems, Aditi made impossible, possible! Its like we give a puzzle to our kids - give them cues to solve it and then when they solve it - we take pride in the whole activity and enjoy seeing them bask in that glory! i felt this motherly touch yesterday

Anonymous said...

This sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

It is your greatness to appreciate the fostering care, rather than taking it granted. But getting it done by yourself was also part of his job. Like in the example you have given in your comment; it is your pleasure also seeing your kid solving the puzzle. But yes credit goes to Kathy also for taking the brainstorming route, not the usual blamestorming.

Shopno said...

Hats off to kathy - yes! God loves his children, yes! and thank you so much for your comments. All taken together, I thank the whole world for making me feel so special at times. Thank you :-)