Tuesday, July 8, 2008

U, Me, aur Hum

This is not a movie review. I simply cannot review a Kajol's movie, cos I love her too much to do so. I am biased against her movies, I can never criticise her.

But here i would like to talk about the concept or the story of the movie. I found it interesting because it revolves aound some very interesting principles I adhere in my life to. Principles which are very close to my heart. Principles which make me live my life. And its my privilege to discuss about them in a platform that is provided by U, Me, aur Hum

This movie celebrates love and relationships. Ah, this is my favorite topic on which I can just go on and on. What is love? Does it get lost over the years? Do we take our partners for granted? How do we recognise our soulmates? Does love at first sight exist? Is it ok to lie for getting our true love? All these questions and more are answered in the movie. This movie talks about looking for your true love, finding your true love, and then fighting all odds to be with your true love. I loved the way Ajay took care of Pia, his true love, against all odds and stood by her side, loving her, protecting her, and guarding her all the time.

This movie also talks about genuine love. If you love someone truly, you accept him/her the way he/she is. With all his good qualities as well as bad. I mean, you cant love the sense of humor of your man and not the fact that he hogs a lot? He is a person in totality - with good traits as well as bad. And if you love him truely, you accept him the way he is. And if he also loves you, he will slowly change those traits of his which probably you dont like much. You dont have to be explicit about your likes and dislikes, if he loves you truely he will find out on his own.

"If you love someone truely, you dont expect him to change. And you change for the person you love"

So in a both-way traffic, its a win-win situation.

Love is also about being dead honest with your partner. The relationships should be absolutely transparent. If you have made a mistake, accept it. Its absolutely human to make mistakes, but when you accept them, your true love will definitely understand you. This movie celebrates the spirit of honesty and sincerity in a relationship.

Love is not only the good times, but the bad times as well. Life is a journey, and it becomes worthwhile if you have your soulmate sharing this journey with you. Ups and downs are part and parcel of life. And at no cost, you should be apart. True love should always be together. I just loved this idea. Long live Ajay Devgan for believing in this and projecting this through his movie. Like the character Ajay says, "Pyar karne ka junoon hi kaafi nahin, pyar ko nibhane ka bhi junoon hona chahiye". Love is a process, just like life - it is not a one time thing. Sustainance is a real life problem in love in today's age.

This movie talks about faith and positivism. Another principle I believe deeply in. Life is all about being positive, in good times as well as in bad times. Never let your beleif go. And if you believe something truely, take the plunge. Even if it may seem impossible, even if the going gets tough, never give up. Believe in miracle, believe in magic, believe in angels - i know they exist. I have experienced them in my life, we all do, sometimes or the other. Have faith on all your dreams. Do not discard them.

This movie also talks about following your heart. How heart is always right, and mind at times, is not. Your mind may fail you, but your heart will never. Your heart recognises your soul mate, your heart guides you in every crossroads of your life. I am ruled by my heart, so I know - at times it is pretty conflicting, pretty confusing, but I know my heart is never wrong.

Last but not the least, this movie talks about letting go off ego in relationships. Often, while in the journey, we lose the "US" part in the relationship - its only "U" and "ME". But we should always remember that reltaionships are all about "US" - one entity, one identity... dont ever break this "US" into "U" and "ME". Though these two are different components, having different identity, agreed... but let these different identities be inseparable in "US" - thats the plunge, thats the challenge we have to take in life, in love - only true love will be able to retain this "US" componenet, forever.

So, if you beieve in these principles like me, this movie is worth a watch. You may find it boring, you may find it a bit to dragging, but the philosophies of life depicted in the movie will definitely touch your heart.

Long live love.

No comments: