Monday, July 28, 2008

The Weekend...

Am back to office after an extremely lazy and a wonderful weekend. Lazy because mostly i was home and watched 7 movies in the lst 2.25 days. And wonderful because I spent some good quality time with my daughter doing our favorite things (ok, mostly mine) together. Feeling nostalgic about the weekend, and not letting the memories go ever, I have decided to blog about it, so that, history is recorded and never forgotten :-)

We started off on friday evening by watching Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak followed by Bhoothnath.

Saturday first half was the best part, when I went to pick up my daughter from her activity class... and hold your breadth, I drove all alone! Now, now, I know you all already know that I am an excellent driver, but what you dont know probably is that my daughter studies in the South Point School and parking your car infront of their building is worse than a nightmare! Somehow I managed, as luck was in my favor. I picked her up, completed some unfinished work related to her school, and then... we went shopping... not Mall haunting, but ACTUAL shopping - in Gariahat. We bought loads of stuffs, ranging from pillow covers and cushion covers, to her school uniform and socks, to our favorite items - trinkets - bracelets, clips, rubber bands, and the works! It was a hot summer (infact monsoon which is even worse with intensed humidity) afternoon but our spirit was unstoppable. And then to reward ourselves we went to Mainland China for a wholesome Lunch - and I literally mean, WHOLESOME. And after all these activities we came back home and straightway headed for a sound afternoon (make that late afternoon) nap.

Saturday evenning we watched Om Shanti Om together, her favorite movie. Saturday latenight I made her watch Maine Pyar Kiya, my favorite movie. Strangely enough, she actually liked the movie and my expert comments on Bhagyasree, the leading lady of the movie.

Sunday morning started off pretty late with a heavy breakfast followed by some household chores for me and homework for my daughter. And then we watched Chak De! India on SET MAX. This is one of the few movies I dont mind watching again and again. Since i had decided not to sleep in the afternoon, I started watching Pakeezah about which I shall blog later, and then in the evening I watched Shaurya. Followed by lunch I went off to dream, i mean sleep and after a wholesome 8 hourse of sleep and all charged for the week commencing today!!!

The weekend gone will be a memorable one for quite sometime to come. And now, sitting in office, am missing my daughter who am sure is feeling something similar doing her class work in school right at the moment...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to copy reality show judges here.. like they always comment on peripheral things ( I guess intentionally ) ...I will also say 'Your Energy Level is Really High... God Bless You'

Shopno said...

Reality show judges are all but REAL... but I hope your comment is. So thank you (For the God bless you part)